Sunday, February 10, 2008

My daily life as Pharaoh

WhenI woke up my servents would come in and take me to a room off to the side and wash me and put scented oil on me. After that they would cut my hair, darken my eyelids with a black paint called Kohl. Then I put on a fine linen kilt and finally I put my gold pendants on. Then me and my wife would sit on cushions in a courtyard and eat a small meal of bread and fruits that where placed on a small table. Then my wife goes to watch the children and organize dinner parties for that evening. Then I go to meet some foreign merchants. They would meet me in the throne room where they bowed at my feet. They would want to trade wood and spices to my kingdom. They also offered gifts of gold and ostrich eggs. I would then wave my hand and the servants would come and take the gifts and I would welcome them to my kingdom. Then a royal officer needs my approval on expanding irragation along the nile. After we talked for a while I would dismiss him and go hane my mid day meal with my wife. We are served a meal of beef, figs, vegetables, and some fine wine. After lunch servents take me to inspect the irrigation project and meets with a high priestess who advised me to approve it. Then i would relax and play a game of Dogs and Jackals. At the end of the day i meet my wife and guest for an evening of eating and dancing. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/pharaohs/life_pharoah.html

1 comment:

david santos said...

Congratulations Egypt!!!!!!!!!!